Sunday 21 August 2016

MIA: Moving Out






The reason I've been practically non-existent recently is because I have finally moved into my own home. Life without certain luxuries has been different, one of those being broadband, hence the lack of posts on practically any social media. To make matters worse, I've also used up all my data on my monthly phone contract and with just moving house, spare money is non-existent also. Therefore I've just been a bit MIA and busy with both moving out and work.

Minus the slight down falls, moving out has been something I have wanted to do for quite some time now, so being able to finally do it is amazing for me. Yes, it's definitely been one of the most stressful times of my life but it has been worth it of course. I still have a to do list longer than ever but it's so satisfying ticking things off one by one, I do love a good list. As I said, although I have a long way to go, until it's fully the way I want it, it's definitely heading in the right direction and I'm loving it.

I never went away to uni, so have never lived away from my parents. I think that may have been part of the reason why I wanted to move out. I've been saving ever since I can remember, so to be able to buy my own house independently is something I'm proud of myself for. It's such a big step to do alone but I know I'm not actually alone. I haven't moved far away from my family or friends at all however, it just gives me more independence than ever. I remember when I first passed my driving test and everyone was saying "you've got your independence now". Which yes, is 100% correct but living independently is on a whole new level due to the responsibilities. I obviously haven't lived alone for very long yet, it has only been a couple of weeks now, but I'm excited for the future in my new home.

I had been collecting bits for a long time prior to moving in so when it came to it, I was pretty much set. Doing so has definitely helped me, when moving in, as I think it was a lot less hassle. Also doing it so early prior, in stages, meant I wasn't parting with so much money all in one go. This would definitely be my top tip for anyone moving out for the first time. Although I definitely forgot I even had some things and did forget a couple of essentials, lists are everything!

So this is just a little update to explain where I've been and I'm finally getting my broadband go live tomorrow, so will be back up and running very soon! Above are just a few decor photos that I have posted on Instagram since moving in. If you have recently moved out, for the first time, then I'd love to hear how your getting on? :-) I'm thinking about doing more home decor, living alone and first home posts etc in the future too, so keep your eyes peeled for those if it interests you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig