Friday 13 May 2016

Lost in a Book Tag


Image source: Pinterest
 
I am a book lover and love in my spare time, fishing out my current book and simply just getting lost in it. However at the moment I don't have the most amount of spare time to do this, due to uni work, I cannot wait to fully get stuck into a new one once I'm finished. I got this tag from Clemloves blog, check her tag post out here.

1.  Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I always read in my bedroom with the door shut so I hopefully don't get any interruptions.

2. Where do you like to read?
I sit on my bed to read and like to get myself nice and comfy in my pj's with the duvet on or scrunched comfily somehow.

3. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Definitely a book mark kinda girl! Although it's kind of embarrassing, I have a super old book mark from Disneyland with Mickey and Minnie on it.

4. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at a chapter?
I didn't realise stopping in the middle of a chapter was a thing! I definitely make myself get to the end of a chapter before stopping.

5. Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
I do love a cup of tea or coffee whilst reading but it's not always necessary.

6. E-reader or real book?
Real book all the way!

7. Music or TV whilst reading?
It's just me and my book when I read as I can tend to get quite distracted.

8. One book at a time or several at once?
Definitely only one book at a time, I think I'd forget the plot of one or get them mixed up or something if I had more than one on the go.

9. Reading at home or everywhere?
I tend to read at home mostly but if there ever is a time I have to get on a train or bus then I will take my current book with me. Reading in the garden has been lovely recently with the nice weather in the UK.

10. Reading aloud or silently in your head?
Silent in my head definitely, again I think I'd distract myself if I started reading it aloud.

11. Fiction or non-fiction?
I do like a bit of both but I love fiction for sure. Anything crime, thriller based is my favourite.

12. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I don't tend to do this unless I'm not enjoying the book but feel as if I have to finish it, weird I know. I just really lightly skim read over a few pages to get to the end of a chapter or a good bit.

13. Break the spine or keep a book like new?
As much as I try to keep it like new it just doesn't happen. I get sort of half way through a book and break the spine so that the pages lay the right way.

14. Do you write in your books?
No definitely not, that is one thing that really annoys me. If I find a great book in a charity shop then start reading it to find someone has done a little graffiti in it is so infuriating.

15. Your Favourite book?
This is such a tricky question! As I mentioned, I love crime, thriller books so I love The Girl on the Train, The Sisters, The Hunger Games Trilogy and I Let you Go. But I also love Lindsey Kelk books which are basically the complete opposite end of the spectrum.


I really enjoy writing up tag posts every now and then! I would love to know if you've previously written this particular tag post and I also tag you if you are yet to do it but wish too!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi :)
    Great post :) Loved reading your answers.
    Clem x
    http://www.clemloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this tag and I really loved reading your answers! I'm going to give it a go myself soon. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig