Wednesday 6 April 2016

Divergent Trilogy Book Review



If you love The Hunger Games then you will love these books by Veronica Roth. These books are the Divergent series which are just as good as The Hunger Games books in my opinion. There are also films alongside these books which you can get on DVD and the final one is currently in cinemas. Back to the books, my friend actually recommended these to me so I jumped on the band wagon and ordered the first one on amazon there and then.

To begin with I did find it slightly confusing, simply as there was so much going on, but it really didn't take long to catch on. When I got to about a quarter of the way through the first book, I was hooked! I honestly used any of my spare time reading these books just to get them finished quicker. The only trouble with that it, once you reach the final chapter, you want to know what's going to happen but you really don't want it to end. Unfortunately that's the trouble with all books, especially series of them.

In brief words these books revolve around a character called Tris and her family who are brought up within a "faction". When children reach a certain age they have the choice to choose a new faction, there are four to choose from, and Tris picks a different faction leaving her family behind. There are then a lot of challenges Tris goes through to stay within her new faction. I won't go into too much detail because I don't want to ruin it for you but the plot takes off from there really and that's when I became gripped to these books.

I would highly recommend these books if you are a fan of The Hunger Games or are just looking for something new to read at the moment. I cannot wait to go and watch the last film at the cinema, eeekk!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig