Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Body Shop Lip Exfoliator

 


I guess I've kinda been keeping you guys up to date with my lip story, wow that sounds strange. Anyway a while back my lips simply just became really dry and no normal lip balm was helping the situation. I took to Boots and purchased new, slightly upper market lip balms which have helped but the one product I wanted to try was a lip exfoliator/scrub. I know Lush do a great lip scrub, which I do love, but I wanted to see what else was on the market.

I stumbled across this one from The Body Shop, when I wasn't really looking for it, at one of my friends Body Shop parties. It was a reasonable price, I'm sorry I cannot remember exactly, but I instantly jumped at the chance of buying it. It arrived in my hands a few days later and I can say that I've really been enjoying using it ever since. It has a fresh, minty scent to it which is nice on application and doesn't hang around. The packaging also is great and simple, just like your standard lip stick packaging.

The product itself is really nice to apply and it's really down to you how much your want to exfoliate your lips. You can simply just sweep it across your lips lightly or you can go slightly hard core, pressing more firmly. After application I use my finger in circular motions to blend this product into my lips and this is when you can really feel the product working. It really does scrub your lips and you can feel the exfoliating particles doing their job. After doing this my lips feel really smooth and I then apply some lip balm, ready for the day. I also love using this before a night out and I find it really preps my lips ready for any kind of lip product!

Overall this was a great find from The Body Shop and I have really been enjoying using it. I try to use it daily to keep the dryness at bay and then continue applying lip balm throughout the day too. Let me know if you've tried any other lip scrubs/exfoliators that you think I should know about :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks so nice! Will definitely need to pick one up.
    Emma xx
    www.unf4bul0us.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! I may have to pick one up, as I hate having to dip my finger into scrubs. :(

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig