Saturday 24 October 2015

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Nail Polish in Fairy Godmother




When Tanya Burr's beauty collection first came out, I couldn't resist purchasing something from it. Recently she has rebranded and released new products, again which I couldn't help peeking at and then ended up purchasing just this one nail varnish.

To begin with the packaging is all new and a whole lot better than when it was first released if I'm honest. The gold packaging is beautiful and I love the rectangular shaped bottle. It just looks a lot more sophisticated than it did the first time round.

The colour of this nail varnish is what caught my eye and it's in the shade "Fairy Godmother" - all hail cute names. This is the perfect pastel cornflower blue which I absolutely love. I think a colour like this, although maybe slightly more summery, can still be worn all year round.

The application of this nail varnish isn't the greatest unfortunately. To get fully opaque, which is what I like from a nail varnish, you really have to apply three coats. I can find painting my nails a chore so having to apply three coats just makes the process slightly more painful. On the other side once it is applied the colour is just what I wanted. It's such a lovely colour and it looks even better with a tan which I luckily had when I wore this colour recently.

Overall I love the colour of this nail varnish but the formula unfortunately isn't my favourite. The packaging and rebranding is pretty and I love the look. I would love to try other products from the range as I've heard good things :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a lovely colour! I agree, I thought the packaging looked really cheap at first

    www.lushivity.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is nice, but I agree about the 3 coats being annoying! I've started using a base coat and top coat in the hope my nail polish will last a little longer, so it sounds like it'd take ages with this nail polish! :(

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig