Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Girl On The Train Book Review



It feels like I haven't done a book review for a long time, but I think that's actually because I haven't. Recently with me being on holiday I've been reading quite a lot of books so I wanted to start sharing them with you and my thoughts on them. I saw this particular book advertised everywhere a while back but never purchased it then. I then wanted to buy some books for my holiday and this came up on the bestsellers so I thought I would give it a go.

I actually ended up reading this before I even went on holiday because I couldn't wait and I finished a book prior to this one early so couldn't help it. To be honest I didn't really know what to expect as I hadn't read any reviews myself. I just knew it had been raved about a lot and was a bestseller so thought there must be something good about this book. My oh my, there definitely is something good about this book! I did have to read maybe 3 to 4 chapters before I was totally into it and hooked but once I got past those I couldn't put it down. It's definitely one of those books that you cannot put down and will find anytime in your day to just read a little snippet more.

The end of each chapter made me want to continue reading to the next to find out what happens and I could easily read many chapters in a go without getting bored. It's a lot more thrilling than I first thought it was going to be but that's the aspect I loved the most. I am such a closet thriller book reader so really this book was right up my street. I guess I would compare this book to something like Gone Girl which was also a much raved about book and is also a thriller. So if you've read Gone Girl and enjoyed that then I can guarantee that you will also love this book just as much.

The storyline, the plot and the characters seem so well thought out in this book that you can really get into character when you're reading it. This book flits from one character to the next on each chapter, which can sometimes get confusing. But this book is written so well that it is so easy to follow and at times I didn't even need to read which character this chapter was about, I simply just knew from reading the first few lines in the chapter.

I 100% recommend this book if you're into thrillers or even if you're not because I really think anyone could read this book. It's a relatively easy read and trust me you will not be able to put it down once you get into it. I will definitely be checking out other books by this author, Paula Hawkins, as I love this book so much. Let me know if you've read this book and your thoughts, I'd love to know what you thoughts of it :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig