Friday 6 March 2015

Olay Essentials Complete Care Day Lotion



Recently I was in serious need of a new moisturiser. My skin was just not happy and in the past couple of months has completely changed. Yes I still have an oily t zone but the rest of my face, in patches, had become severely dry. Everything skin care I owned was based for my oily t zone, so I didn't own anything to help me with my dry patches. Therefore I think this made my skin look even worse than it maybe was due to using the wrong products.

This is when I took to Boots in need of a new moisturiser. I still wanted one which was going to cater for my oily patches but obviously something to help with my dryness too. Boy, this was a hard job I found! I was scouring the Boots website for quite some time until I came across this offering from Olay. It's basically a moisturiser for normal to dry to combination skin which covered what my skin was like at the moment. So after being on the Boots website for so long I put this into my basket as it was the only offering I could find that suited my skin type.

I really like the packaging of this product, it has a pump which is great for easy application as I know I only need one pump to cover my entire face. The rest is pretty sleek and simple which I like, it's basically not to showy. The formula of this moisturiser is nice and light, when applied to the skin it really sinks in quickly. There's none of that faffing around waiting for your face to dry before you can carry on with the rest of your make up etc. This product also includes SPF which is great for the summer months, if we get any here in the UK!

I find that this moisturiser does work well with my dry patches but also my oily t zone. I do find that half way through the day I am needing to sort my oily t zone out but that's quite normal I think. As for the dry patches, which mainly build up around my blemish areas, I do find that they do dry out as the day goes on. I find that my dryness doesn't look as good as it did in the morning, but what does? But I did find the areas to look really dry again and back to how it looked before using this product. So although this product works amazingly for so long, after a while I did find that the hydration part didn't last so long as I was hoping.

Overall this is a great all round moisturiser for all skin types. I find that it does work really well but does start to lag as the day goes on. I know that it could be other products on my face which may also be tampering with my dry patches but I do find this moisturiser works for so long. It really is difficult to find a moisturiser catering for both oily and dry skin, if you have any recommendations then please let me know as I'd love to have a read about them. Let me know if you've tried this product and your thoughts. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig