Sunday 29 March 2015

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara




I had wanted to try this mascara for quite some time and I received it in a beauty box quite a while back now. My last mascara ran out recently so I shopped my stash and found this one and knew it was about time I gave it a go. This has been out for quite some time now but when it first came out there was a lot of hype around the product. Bourjois are one of my favourite high street brands, I love so many of their products so I was excited to give this one a go.

The packaging is like mirrored, basically a pain in the butt to photograph so I apologise for that. But it has this nice peachy coral colour running through it. The first thing that struck me was the wand, it's so different to any others I've ever tried/seen. The brush has rubber bristles, but there are small sphere shapes on the brush in between the bristles. The spheres are designed to perfectly wrap the lashes for 360° volume, while the straight bristles create clump free definition.




This mascara is clearly all about the volume and boy does it give me some volume, yes. Within the first couple of strokes onto my eye lashes they are covered dramatically and volumised. However there is a down side to this mascara, it does seem to clump my eye lashes if I'm not careful. I basically think you have to work so quickly with this mascara otherwise that's when it starts to clump and get messy. You also need barely any product on your eye lashes otherwise that can be messy also. I do find the lengthening aspect of this mascara great too. It's definitely a dramatic mascara and not one if you prefer a more natural looking mascara as this one seriously stands out. Therefore it's perfect for nights out but I do also wear this during the day too.

Overall when used fast and correctly this mascara can work really well. I find this mascara lasts a really long time on me and I don't get any fall down/flakiness under my eyes. The volumising aspects of this mascara are on point and I love that. You can buy this from Boots here for £9.99.


















































SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sounds like a fun and unique mascara! Thanks for this review :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig