Saturday 7 February 2015

Elemis Fresh Skin Matte Attack


A little while back I tried my first ever Elemis product and today I'm going to be reviewing my second and third products from them. I was really excited to try skin care products from Elemis after hearing so many good things about them. I picked up this mini set from TK Maxx a while back and have just finished both products so thought it would be the perfect time to share my thoughts with you. I do have an oily t zone and also suffer from blemishes so this line from Elemis really appealed to me.

Firstly the Purifying face wash which Elemis say:  
"Helps detox and purify the skin. With antiseptic properties, the wash promotes healthy cell growth to repair damaged tissue. White Willow Bark provides gentle exfoliation whilst Cedarwood and Cucumber soothe the skin. Experience an extreme clean.”
I really enjoyed using this face wash, I do love a quick face wash when I'm having a quick morning or evening shower as they are such an easy way to get a clean face. This face wash really does that, it leaves my skin feeling really soft and really clean. It gets rid of all the dirt and oil that builds up on your face over a period of time. It does have a scent which I wasn't most keen on but it doesn't linger on the skin. Also a little amount of this product does go a really long way on the skin so this mini size was perfect.

Next the Mattifying moisturiser which Elemis say:
“Helps control the shine of oily skins. A skin multi-tasker, this reduces T-zone shine within one hour of application and maintains a matte finish for up to 8 hours. Shea Butter helps promote cell renewal, hydrates and protects all day long, whilst reducing redness, inflammation and helps minimise post blemish imperfections.”
I relatively enjoyed using this product but it does have it's bad points alongside some good. So starting with the good points, it really did help minimise the oiliness of my t zone which is just what this product aims to do which I loved. Although I would not say that it left me with a matte finish for 8 hours it was a lot less than that. Again this product had quite a strong scent which I wasn't keen on but that seems to be a pattern across this whole product line from Elemis. The consistency of this moisturiser was actually rather runny/slippy and I felt it took longer to sink into my skin after application.

Overall I really enjoyed using the face wash but didn't find the moisturiser to really be my cup of tea. I think this mini set though is the perfect way to test out new products you've never tried before. I would really like to try different products from Elemis, other than this range, to see if they are as heavily scented as these and also to see if they live up to the hype everyone talks about! Have you tried either of these products? What are your favourite products from Elemis?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig