Thursday 25 December 2014

Urban Decay Naked on the Run Palette


I'm never normally one to purchase an eye shadow palette alone so when this offering came out from Urban Decay it really appealed to me. This palette offers everything other than the base products, a foundation or concealer, then you have everything you need in this one palette. Included in this palette you get:

5 brand new eyeshadows in the shades: Dive, Fix, Resist, Dare and Stun
Highlighter/eyeshadow in the shade 5050
Naked on the Run bronzer and blusher
Travel sized Perversion mascara
Travel sized 24/7 glide on eyeliner in Stag
Full sized Naked lip gloss in Sesso

Everything about this palette stood out to me and I'm don't normally wear eye shadows very often but the ones included in this palette are gorgeous. The eye shadows include the all important matte shades but the beautiful shimmers which are great for everyday or a night out. They are all super easy to apply and blend, even for an eye shadow newbie like me. All the colours really appeal to me and honestly are colours I would wear daily when I finally get into wearing eye shadow most days.

The blusher and bronzer are both new to this palette and are both great offerings. They are both really pigmented and look great on the skin. The super pink blush isn't the colour I would normally go for but I really like this one. You can just add a subtle flush without making it too pink or stand out. The highlighter which can be doubled up as another eye shadow is also perfect. The perfect amount of shimmer looking great in the inner corners of your eyes, your brow bone and cheek bones.

The eye liner is something from Urban Decay which I have wanted to try for a really long time so I was super excited when one was included in this palette. This is in the shade Stag which is a gorgeous dark brown which works great with my brown eyes. Eye liners always last ages for me so this travel sized mini should last a relatively long time. This is such an easy product to apply, it simply glides on with no effort. I'm becoming more of an everyday pencil eye liner wearer so this one is now a firm favourite of mine.

The mascara is another relatively new offering from Urban Decay and I am in love with this Perversion mascara. It's simply incredible, it really gives me that false lash effect with no clumps in sight. The brush is relatively large but works really well covering most of my lashes in one stroke. The lip gloss in Sesso is the perfect nude shade. When looking at the shade in the tube I was slightly worried that it would look too dark on me. But once applied it really is such a great nude shade and perfect for every day wear.

The packaging really is beautiful, the inclusion of a huge mirror is perfect for the application of the products included. Although this palette is not the smallest, it does include everything bar base products so really it's worth it. The packaging is really sturdy and unique so when travelling this will definitely handle it. The packaging would also be great for different products when you have finished the ones included, for example a different travel sized mascara may fit in the shape where the Urban Decay mascara currently is.

Overall this palette is stunning and would really make a great Christmas present. I will definitely be using all the products included today as it is Christmas Day! I wish you all a Happy Christmas and hope you have a lovely day eating food :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig