Wednesday 31 December 2014

Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Haze


I'm not a huge lover of doing something extravagant on New Years Eve but this year I am heading out. No where too posh so I don't need that LBD or anything fancy but I want to do something a bit different with my make up instead. I purchased this eyeshadow quad a real long time ago now and have barely touched it since. So I thought it was about time I dived into my make up stash and used a few bits that I haven't really in the past, this being one of those. I absolutely love the shades in this quad and think it will be perfect for my NYE make up.

I've also mentioned in previous blog posts that I'm not all that glued up on eyeshadows and don't actually own that many. This one in particular seems pretty fool proof due to the numbering embossed onto each eyeshadow colour. This indicates where you should apply each colour on your eyes. This is a great idea for eyeshadow newbies as you simply can't really go wrong. I have always loved the look of a purple smokey eye on others so I cannot wait to recreate it.

The actual eyeshadows are super soft on application and blend really well. I don't think much of the brush included in this quad, as I'm sure many agree, and I tend to always use my Real Techniques eye brushes which this works really well with. All these shades together work really well and do easily create that purple smokey eye in a matter of minutes. The lasting power of these eyeshadows is pretty standard, when doing a full eye make up look like this I will always use a primer which is a lifesaver really. So the primer really holds the eyeshadows in place, certainly for the whole night so no need to pop this in your clutch bag for the night out. Unless your going from day to night, then a touch up will be needed but this would be a great time to simply use the brush included to save clutch bag space.

The packaging is nothing amazing but again perfect to simply throw in your bag if needed. It comes with a decent sized mirror inside so when/if you need to touch up it is easily done so. Again there is a brush included which could potentially come in handy. The simple black plastic packaging is sleek and actually doesn't look too cheap.

Overall I will definitely be using this eyeshadow palette on NYE for my night out. I think it's a great time to do a full on eye look easily and quickly. You can purchase this palette here from Avon, they also do lots of different shades. I'd love to know your NYE plans if you have any and what sort of make up look your going to be going for :-) 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig