Friday 4 April 2014

Urban Decay de-slick make up setting spray


Number 1: it's Friday. Number 2: it's the Easter holidays. Number 3: I finished work early today. Number 4: I actually came home and done some uni work. Overall a kinda productive day, woo! So number 2, I do still have to work next week but only for 2 days because then I'm off on holiday! Even better news and I'm super duper excited :-)

Anyway today's review is all about the Urban Decay de-slick make up setting spray (phew, long name). I've wanted to try this for a really long time but I'd never really tried a setting spray before so didn't wanna go and spend twenty odd pounds on a bottle and not like it. So before this one I actually tried a couple of others, one being from Collection and one from MUA. Neither of which match up to this one! Now when I did finally purchase this one (the day Feel Unique starting stocking Urban Decay) did I realise you could buy this super cute traveling size bottle for a fraction of the price. Obviously ml wise it doesn't work out the greatest but it is great to just try it out first or if you actually are going traveling. I paid £9 for this 30ml bottle which I thought was great.

Urban Decay says.. "Meet your most powerful oil-control ally. De-Slick mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine and keep skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow and blush from smudging, sliding or fading – so you hardly ever need to touch up."  

I love using this setting spray, it does suggest to help control oil that you apply it before your foundation and then again after finishing make up to keep it all nicely in place. I do have oily skin but I have only been using this after I've finished applying my make up and that seems to have worked for me but obviously it can depend on your skin. It simply does keep your make up in place literally all day long and I don't need to touch up. It feels nice and refreshing on the skin and doesn't take too long to sink into the skin so there's no sticky feeling. It also doesn't affect the make up already on your face and just sinks in super quickly with no hassle. It says to hold this so far away from your face and then form an X and T shape with the spray to make sure you've covered your whole face.

Overall I really love this product and definitely think I will re-purchase! I also think the travel size will last me quite some time as yet which is brilliant for the price I paid and considering it's now a staple everyday make up item! I'd love to know if you've tried this product or any other de-slick item from Urban Decay!
Have a lovely weekend :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I just purchased this yesterday, can't wait to use it after reading this review :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig