Monday 27 January 2014

January Boots haul


Today I am spending all day in bed.. I bet you're thinking that's the best way to spend a Monday right? Well normally I would agree but right now I'm suffering from a horrible cold/flu thing, so it's not so great. I thought about which post to publish and thought what's better than a haul post to cheer not only me up but hopefully you guys too on this dreary Monday. One thing for thought... How weird is it that at the end of this week we're going to be in February?! Crazy.

Onto the haul, in the last bbloggers chat on Twitter (last week sometime), I was asking about a good product to help with scarring that you can use on your face. I got lots of replies saying rosehip oil, tea tree oil, bio oil and then I came across this Palmers oil. I absolutely love the Palmers range firstly because of the smell! Oh my, it gets me every time it smells divine. Secondly they are an affordable brand which you can't not love obviously. I was reading up about this on the internet and then when I went into Boots to find it, it was half price! Normally £9.99 I picked it up for £4.99, bargain. It's a simple oil that can be used anywhere on the body, including the face hence why I picked it up, and you just massage it into problem areas, it says three times a day which I think for most people working full time etc can be a bit excessive but we shall see. Hopefully it will help the scarring on my face from spots etc.

Next I had a voucher for Soap and Glory make up so I couldn't resist, it was a must. I absolutely love their make up range and have enjoyed every bit I've used in the past. (I also believe these were on offer for buy one get one half price!) So I ended up getting the Kick Ass concealer and the One Heck of a Blot powder. Again two products which I've heard quite a bit about but have never tried myself. The packaging for both these products is so cute and compact so perfect for on the go. I haven't yet tried the concealer properly but I will tell you I have tried the powder (yes before properly photographing it, bad blogger) and my goodness, it seriously is amazing! So keep your eyes peeled for a full detailed review on that soon.

Finally Maybelline products were also on a buy one get one half price offer and seeing as the new Baby Skin had just been released I couldn't help but picking it up. Supposedly a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional which I adore so I really wanted to see how this compared with that. I'm still sitting on the fence with this one so again a full detail review will be on it's way. Seeing as there was an offer I then picked up the infamous falsies mascara which I know Tanya Burr always raves on about, this is the only one my local Boots had left but I got confused as I think there's another falsies mascara? Yeah confused. But hey, again I'm yet to try this, mascara always seems to be the one thing I always buy but never really need at that time.

Anyway that's my small Boots haul for you, I'm super excited to continue trying these products and then giving you a full detailed review on them in the future. As I said there's definitely a couple of these which I am already loving so keep your eyes peeled. I'd love to know if you've tried any of these products and your thoughts? :-)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. i've been eyeing up the baby skin, i usually use the porefessional so it would be useful if there was a similar product for cheaper! would love to hear about your thoughts on it xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Heck Of A Blot sounds like a good powder, I'd like to see a review :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to compare maybellines version to benefits one! Hope your feeling better from the flu, I'm only just recovering from it myself. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig