Monday 23 September 2013

The One and Only Tag


I enjoy doing Tag posts on my blog and also reading them amongst many other blogs. I simply just find them fun to write and some of them really get me thinking mainly about beauty products. I asked on Twitter for a new tag to feature on my blog and Angelica from One Little Vice replied with this tag called 'The One and Only'. I loved this idea and thought it would be lots of fun to think of my absolute make up staple items. The idea of this tag is to think of one, and only one, make up product from each category. So here goes!

The Question is: If you could only have one ... what would it be? And, in a few words, why?

Primer
I've not tried that many primers as they're quite new to my make up essentials but I'd definitely have to say the Benefit POREfessional. It's so easy to apply, makes your face feel so smooth and keeps make up in place!
Foundation
Definitely Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. This is my all time favourite foundation, although I am currently trying another of their foundations which I think I will equally love!

Concealer
It has to be the infamous Collection Lasting Perfection. I have two shades; one lighter for under my eyes and one my actual colour for spots and blemishes. It really is just such an all rounder.
Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte, I've literally used this for years. It was the first make up item I think I ever got and I've used it ever since! I suffer from oily skin and this really does keep it at bay.
Blusher
Now blusher is one of the things I always change up in my make up routine, I never stick to the same one for very long, then go back to them after a little while. So at the moment it's 17 Blush in China Pink, I definitely think I need to invest in a more autumnal shade though as this one's quite summery.
Bronzer
Honestly I never really use bronzer, it really is just one of the make up products that I'm not fussed about. But if I did pick it would be MUA Mosaic Bronzer. It's got light and darker tones to it which I like as it's not too heavy.

Highlighter
Again not something I use in my everyday make up but I do love Benefit High Beam. It's such a gorgeous pearly pink and really easy to apply. I definitely need to branch out a bit more with highlighters as I do think they are really pretty on the skin!
Make up brush
This is pretty easy, it has to be my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It's such an amazing brush, gives a lovely flawless looking finish and is easy to blend with. I use this also for my concealer sometimes which works really well too.
Eyebrows
It's a new one for me but from now on a definite staple. It's Soap & Glory Archery in Brownie Points. Oh my it's my new favourite toy, it's so easy to apply and I love having the pencil and tint altogether in one product.

Eyeshadow
Again not an everyday product but I'm really trying to change this. My current go to is the Maybelline Color Tattoo's, I'm especially loving On and On Bronze but another newbie to my collection is Metallic Pomegranate. These are super easy and quick to apply for everyday which is why I love them.
Eyeliner
This product was again a very early purchase and one that I have repurchased for many years is the Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner. It's amazing, stays on all day and is super easy to apply giving thicker or thinner lines.

Mascara
This is the hardest one for me, I never seem to buy the same mascara more than once unless I truly love it. And the one I've repurchased more than any others is the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes. The formula is amazing and really curls my lashes, also keeps them curled all day!
Lip product
Again this one is pretty hard but I think I'm going for Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude. It really is just an everyday colour which I love as I'm not a very bright lip girl unless I'm on a night out! I've also got this same product in Sweetheart Tulips which again is such a gorgeous but brighter colour.
Lip Balm
How is this possible? Lip balm's are things I always buy and literally must have hundreds of them! I think I'm going to have to be boring and say Vaseline Cocoa Butter. It's simple does the trick and smells nice. For tinted Lip Balms I'd go with the Maybelline Baby Lips though.
Nail Polish
Again, how can I choose just one? I cannot choose a specific colour but brand wise it would either be Essie or Rimmel Lycra Pro. Ah I can't decide between the two! Essie definitely have more of a colour range so maybe I'd go with them!

Right so there it is! My all time favourites, it was actually quite tricky and I definitely wanted to choose more than one for quite a few of those questions, but I came out of the other end, completed! I hope you enjoyed this tag post and I'd love to know what your products would be. So having said that I'd love to tag you all to do this and let me know in the comments if you do! :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig