Thursday 18 July 2013

Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion


What beautiful weather we've finally received in the UK! It's the first proper sun that we've seen in a very long time but obviously, as with any weather, we were unprepared. The fact that I've literally had to live in summer dresses, shorts and vests without showing off an indecent amount of skin has meant that I've actually got myself a little bit of a tan going on, hallelujah! But before this all came about I purchased this lovely product and it's been my savior for my pasty legs.

I love the Palmers range, especially the cocoa butter, the smell is absolutely divine I cannot get enough of it! The fact that this product contains cocoa butter and vitamin E means that it's totally moisturising on the skin and makes it super soft. It's easy to apply, I just use my hands and make sure I wash my hands properly afterwards. Although this did leave slight trouble once leaving me with slight orangeness on the side of my finger nails (nasty looking) but that may have just been me. There is also the option of using a mitt obviously but other than that one time I haven't had any trouble using my hands.

The actual colour of the bronzer is fairly natural on first application and considering it's a gradual bronzer a lot more colour comes out than I'd imagined it would. It's still natural looking and not dark but just more colour than other gradual tanners. After a couple of days after application I'm left with a nicely built up natural looking tan which I love. You can obviously apply more for a darker looking tan, I tend to apply this once every other day as that way I find I get it more natural due to washing/showering in between applications.

Like I mentioned the application is easy and streak free as long as you make sure it's all rubbed in properly (stating the obvious) but I did find application hard around my ankles. You definitely need to spare the product around more 'difficult' areas. The smell is lovely but I find it does stick around for quite a while, not that it's all that bad as it smells of cocoa which is lovely. But I know some people may find this annoying. It also sinks into the skin pretty quickly so there's not too much drying time. Also this product is only around £5 something then I'd say it's definitely worth the price tag.

Overall I really like using this product and without a doubt when I need a top up tan I know I will get that from this. I think it's suitable for all skin tones simply as the colour control is in your hands (literally). This product takes minimal effort which is again something I love as after a shower you can just whack this on and voila! A lovely summer essential for those not so sunny days :) I'd love to know your thoughts on this product if you've tried it, if not then go purchase a bottle!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really like this I think that for me however just the one application is needed as I like only a hint of a glo :)

    Amy xx
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite gradual tans along with the Dove one and the Garnier one too :D Love them all, I love how this gives such a lovely colour and quickly :D x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really good! I am totally into gradual tanners right now :)

    check out my blog if you have the time?
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig