Saturday 13 April 2013

Review: Barry M Gelly Nail Varnish in Lychee


Just earlier this morning I put together a couple of sentences in my head which were going to be the start of this blog post, and guess what? I didn't write them down and sitting here now my head is completely blank.. bad blogger alert, not to self: write it down!!

Ha ha, anyway if you've seen my latest haul post then you'll know I finally picked up one of the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polishes. I'm like a nail polish fanatic so for me to not have picked this up earlier is crazy and now after using it I wish I had. I opted for this colour called 'Lychee' I swear when looking for new nail varnishes I am just drawn to bright colours and glitters polishes, hence why my nude colour varnishes are pretty much non existent. Hence why I picked up this particular colour, as I have pretty much every shade of bright colour so this one really appealed to me.

This was super easy to apply, I have always loved Barry M nail varnishes and this one is no different. The consistency of this polish is pretty thick and just needs two coats for complete opacity. Like this says on the bottle it is 'Hi-Shine' so no need for a top coat unless you want it super glossy and slightly more long lasting. In the pictures above I did use a top coat as knowing I was going to work the next day I wanted it to last slightly longer. I can't really comment on the lasting of this varnish as I swear whenever I go to work it just kills my nails and ruins all nail varnish.

I absolutely love this varnish and think the colour is totally wearable for all, with the price tag of just £3.99 it's totally affordable as well. Have you tried any of these polishes? I'd love to know you're other colour recommendations are within this range?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I have this and love it too, it's such a pretty nude shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Lychee, it is my favourite from the gelly range so far :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this colour in the shop but didn't pick it up, it's so hard to pick a new colour when there all sat there together screaming BUY ME at you, but this shade looks so nice! I'm really feeling the nudes so thank you!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect nude, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful colour, perfect for all year round!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to try these! they look great, and this is such a cool colour :) xo

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this and it's really pretty and I like yourself I don't own any nudes apart from this one so it made a nice change.

    However it takes ages to dry even with two coats, which is a tad annoying but it's worth the wait for how gorgeous it looks. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig