Monday 21 January 2013

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Review




Hello Ladies! After the annoying but pretty snow fall it's back to work like normal again for me. After only working 3 days last week due to being ill and not being able to actually get into work, I felt like a slob and now it's only Monday evening and I already feel shattered! Monday's are always the worst, well it's dragging although I'm currently watching my all time favourite programme.. Miranda!

To begin.. this is my first ever MAC product and I really am impressed. I had been humming and haring about which MAC product to start with first. I asked many of you on twitter, the main answer was a lipstick.. But to be totally honest I'm not a lippie kind of girl. I wish I was but I just feel like it doesn't suit me, but that may just be me because I never wear it! So I opted for the second most popular product that was requested and just in time too as my normal powder was just then running out.

Another thing I don't do very often is wear foundation, when I have work I always just find myself just using concealer and then using a bit of powder on the top, which I know is a bad habit. I just always find it such an effort to find the 'perfect' foundation. Anyway I got this for Christmas and have been using it ever since. I got it in the shade Medium and it is a lovely shade, not too dark. I find it leaves a lovely finish on my skin and (although I always use primer) it stays in place on my face all day throughout work, almost like a foundation. It also leaves my skin looking natural and to me feels weightless which is always great as no one wants a weighed down, make up caked face.

I must say I really love this MAC product and it has made me want to try other products from MAC. Although the price tag is rather expensive, you pay for the quality. Although I also do believe that you can find some similar dupes in your local drug store. My dupe to this product would be Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder which has been my holy grail powder for years! I have heard from other bloggers that MAC products do last a lot longer though so in the long run it may be worth the extra spend and it's always slightly better when Debenhams or another store have some money off their beauty products!

One other thing I love is the packaging to the product. It's much better than any drugstore powder product, it's so much easier to throw in a bag on a night out and you know the lid is not going to fall off and it's not going to explode all inside your bag, which is an obvious bonus. 

Overall I love this MAC product and I think if you are willing to spend the extra then you definitely should, although I won't always buy this product when I run out I think it would be my 'treat me' make up product. I love the Rimmel version, I would say the only difference is the finish on the skin and I believe that the MAC one looks much more natural looking which is something I really love about this product. So I'm hoping that it'll last me a long time and maybe I'll try one of their lipsticks next ;)

I'd love to know what your favourite MAC products are and what you'd recommend for me to try next? :) Happy Monday xo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the MAC MSF's!
    I swear by mine :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be my favorite MAC powder ever! You can really build great coverage from it without it being too heavy xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never been into MAC in Jarrolds until this weekend Nat & was like a kid in a candy store! So damn good! Keeping my eyes peeled for the Stereo Rose blush! Appears to be sold out everywhere but looks so nice!! SXXX

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig