Tuesday 23 October 2012

Winter Wonderland





I went shopping, again, yesterday! Doh! But I'd heard from many other bloggers that the Models Own Wonderland collection was in Boots stores so I just HAD to head in and see if it was in one of my local stores and I got a little bit excited when I saw that it was! I had seen so many photographs of bloggers nails with the different polishes on and they looked so amazing. I'm literally such a sucker for a glitter nail varnish, I have so many in my collection!

From my recent order from e.l.f I ordered this mint nail varnish, I believe it was only something like £2.50 which is crazy I had to try one. I chose this colour called 'Mint Cream'. It's such a pretty colour. Although I didn't find the application of the polish very easy, it was very liquidy (don't even know if that's a word) but I had to ration how much was on the brush. I also had to use 3 coats as it was very thin. If I was going to wear this colour by itself then I would have definitely had to put another coat of the colour on which I wasn't that impressed with. But for £2.50 can I really complain?

I then added 2 coats of the Models Own 'Jack Frost' and OH MY GOD, is it possible to fall in love with a nail varnish? I think this is most definitely now my favourite nail varnish in my collection (alongside with my trusty OPI Rainbow Connection, hehe) It really is the most gorgeous glitter. It's tiny flecks of iridescent glitter which change colour in the light, so so so so pretty! I just wanted to add so many layers but 2 is definitely enough to cover the nail and make it so it shows up. I don't think the pictures do this glitter varnish enough justice, you really need to go and purchase it and try it yourself, I'm 100% sure you'll fall in love!


Yesterday I did also purchase a pack of 3 Models Own Minis which included 2 other nail varnishes from the Wonderland collection, along with 'Jack Frost' called 'Blizzard' and 'Southern Lights' and the other varnish in the 3 pack was just one of their glitter polishes called 'Pink Fizz'. The mini's are so cute, I've never really wanted to purchase the mini's as I'm one for full varnishes as I always use my varnish and even more so glitter varnishes. But this 3 pack was cute and meant that it was only 1 item in my Boots 3 for 2 :-P hehe.

My final purchase was some imPress nails. When these first came out I was so excited and really wanted to get my hands on them but they didn't come to my local Boots store for aaaages and after that I sort of lost interest and forgot. But yesterday I picked up a pack called 'TGIF'. They are a lovely floral pattern and I thought I'd go for a nice pattern as something different than just a normal colour. I've heard many good reviews on these so I'm excited to try them. The only thing that had put me off was the price, they were £8.99 which I think is a lot but I believe you get enough nails to use them twice which is good :-)

Have you tried any of these products?
What are your thoughts?
Twitter: @natalieellis23
Instagram: @natalieellis23
xo
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I bought some of the Wonderland polishes and they're just so lovely! Hope you had a good day shopping :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my what a beautiful combination. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try some of the wonderland nail varnishes, i love models own nail products they are all sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is gorgeous!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails always looks so pretty! I love the Models Own Wonderland collection and I may have to make a sneaky purchase :)

    I love your blog and I wondered if you want to swap buttons?

    http://elephantide.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the colours are fabulous! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww these nails are so pretty and festive, I really need to get some more glitter top coats in my life! Lovely blog, new follower :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig